August 07, 2012

Antonio's

One of the most popular suggestions for that quick getaway is Tagayatay. Given the fact that its just near Manila, around one to two hours drive, its best known for the cool breeze that it offers making it a nice chill place for you to hangout with your friends and grab some coffee or beer. You won't find that when you are surrounded by buildings after buildings and the pollution of the city itself, a typical picture of the Busy Philippine business district.

However beyond those chill places and along with that breeze, I know there is more to Tagaytay. And yes, there is.

One of the Top 20 Asian Restaurants lies hidden in the city of Tagaytay.
Antonio's



Its a hidden paradise. 

When I say hidden, its literally hidden. Antonio's location if far from the center of Tagaytay, known as Tagaytay Rotonda. Far from the the bars, restaurants and should I say civilization. Antonio's location is not along the highways of Tagaytay, cause from the main road itself you would still need a 10-15mins drive down to get there. And the road that you will enter? Well lets say its just enough for one car to fit one way. YET when I saw their big gate, it give me the chills and butterflies of excitement and its worth it. 

Arrived around 5:00pm, Antonio's guard knocked at the car window and said "Ma'am, open pa po dinner 5:30.". Its okay, I can wait even for an hour. Upon entry, the guard will assist you to where you should park. I felt like I'm a guest of one of the richest filipino's house. After parking, due to soo much excitement I went down and checked the place. 

The guard didn't greet me with a "Hi ma'am". His eyes were like disappointed and he was choking as if he wanted to say something that he can't. He said "Ma'am bawa po slippers and shorts sa loob, may DRESS CODE po." (Sorry ma'am slippers and shorts are not allowed inside, we have a dress code.)

AND IT WAS OVER. JUST NOT.
I came from Nuvali for Republiq Wakepark so thats why I'm in my boards and flops. I told the guard "Manong, don't worry may baon naman ako mga damit, prepared ako.". Manong guard smiled in relief.
Eager to see whats inside, I asked the guard if I could enter to change in my "DRESS CODE" outfit and take some photos while waiting. Gladly he said yes. 


Here's a glimpse of paradise.













Do i say more? 
Its interior is some what like eating in a classic Filipino house with the influence of the Spaniards during the Spanish colonization.

I feel like I'm having dinner with Padre Damaso or Chrisotomo Ibbara. 

5:30
Picked the best seat. Waiters and waitresses are dressed in an old fashion way like the royal house maids of Queen Elizabeth. Waiter arrived at my table handing out the menu and we talked about serious business. What is Antonio's Bestseller? 

In his opinion it will be the Antonio's Trio so that's what I ordered. 

Antonio's serves set menu that besides the main course it also includes the Soup of the Day, Salad, Desert and Coffee or Tea. 

While waiting for the food, they served some butter and freshly home baked bread.


The Soup of the Day was Mushrrom Capuccino. I was so excited I was not able to take a picture of it. SORRY. I know what your thinking, Mushroom plus Coffee? Ew. Its mushroom soup but with slight cappuccino kick because the top of the soup is the foam of cappuccino. Its light, rich in taste. Tell you, its the best soup that I ever had. 

The salad that I was served was Arugula Salad. Its Sun-Dried Tomatoes with Gorgonzola and Glazed Walnuts Drizzled with Balsamic Reduction.

From the looks itself the freshness of it greens and ingredients are obvious. Taste? The freshness of it sinks in your taste buds. 

Arugula Salad

And now the main course. 

Antonio's Trio is Beef Fillet on Plancha with Black Pepper Sauce,  Honey Glazed Lambloin Gratinated with Goat Cheese, and Grilled Beef Fillet Gratinated with Cepeswith Morel Black Truffle and Gratin Potato.

Antonio's Trio is a 3 in 1 Beef Cuisine Treat from Tagaytay's Heaven. Its a classic beef dish that offers from variety of sweet to salty tastes that will give you the excitement of having the bit of everything. 

Antonio's Trio

Last but not the least will be the deserts. 

Felchlin Maracaibo Chocolate

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Antonio's  is not your ordinary Fine Dinning Restaurant, its the Hidden Paradise. 




Antonio's 
Purok 138, Barangay Neogan Tagaytay City
Lunch 11am-2pm
Dinner 5:30pm-8:0pm
http://www.antoniosrestaurant.ph/