August 13, 2012

Bulgogi Brothers


Bulgogi is a famous Korean dish which is fire-grilled marinated beef, chicken or pork. Listed at the 23rd spot on World's 50 most Delicious Foods compiled by CNN in 2011.

And yes, we are lucky that 23rd most delicious food in the whole world is here in the Philippines. 

Welcome to Bulgogi Brothers Mall of Asia

Bulgogi Brothers is everywhere. They have 26 branches BUT in South Korea. So its like South Korea's top Korean Cuisine of all-time. With that, Philippines is so lucky to have Bulgogi's first international branch here in our beloved country. They started to have a branch in Greenbelt 5 which was opened last year. Now its growth is obvious! With just less than a year, a new branch in Philippines is up and running to serve the best Korean Cuisine to us Filipinos!



August 6, 2012 marks Bulgogi Brothers Mall of Asia Branch Grand Opening.
And because of that they offered 50% OFF FROM YOUR TOTAL BILL that day. 

Wait there's more. 
First 50 tables gets a Php 500.00 Gift Certificate
Now thats  G R A N D.

 

My shift ends at 8:30am, had a meeting till 9am. Right after, I went straight ahead to Mall of Asia just to get a scoop of this food event. Arrived around 10:04am, saw that the staff are preparing for their big day. I'm proud to say I was the first customer.
Staff Meeting
The guy that is smiling at the picture above? Same guy who served my first Bulgogi Brothers experience in Greenbelt 5. He did remember me so I asked him if he was transferred in Mall of Asia, he said he was there to train the newbies. 

As I entered, friendly staff gave me a warm welcome. Picked the seat near the door so that I could go in and out to take some shots. I started to take pictures of its interior.





Bulgogi Brother's interior will greet you Korea's famous wines and drinks. Good thing here is that you can actually order it not like other restaurant who just uses it for display purposes. Its very modern and cozy. They even have big plasma TV that shows Korea's biggest influence to the Filipinos nowadays, which is KPop (Korean Pop). 
Don't worry, its in mute. 



식품
 ( food )

Now into serious business. I was handed out the menu by one of their supervisors who is a Korean. Upon looking around they have a lot of managers or supervisors or heads, whatever you want to call it, that are Koreans. I asked her what is Bulgogi's bestseller. She gave her opinion and thoroughly explained everything. And whatever she pointed out and said, I ordered. Letting it to the expert:) 

Korean wearing black was the one who served me. 

While waiting, I was offered by some Korean Hot Tea which they call Oksusu Cha that is a corn tea. It does not literally taste like corn, but its good.


Everytime I eat in a Korean restaurant, whatever I order comes with some sets of appetizers. But what makes Bulgogi Brothers special?
 The fact that I like ALL of them

Sweeet Potato, Quail Eggs and Corn
Salad
Kimchi
Sweet Raddish with Cucumber and Carrots

Strawberry Ice Tea
"Bul" is fire, "Gogi" is meat.

Getting my grill plate ready, Kkotdeungsim Gui was laid first. It was the freshest Rib-Eye Steak I have ever seen out of all the Korean Restaurants that I have been too. Taste was flavorful and perfectly tender. MY FAVORITE.

Kkotdeungsim Gui 
When it was grilled, the freshness of it floats in the air. I liked it well done I said, with all smiles she said "Okay ma'am :D".

Andrea
I ordered one more dish which is the Unyang Style Bulgogi. Its the famous royal cuisine in Korea. This is more like a burger patty, but not your ordinary burger patty in Yum Burger or Big Mac. Its very sweet and full of richness.

Unyang Style Bulgogi
TRIVIA 
As you can see above, its quite in a heart shape form. Why is that? Just for creativity? Its more than that. As per the Andrea, while she grilling this, she told me that this was originally square back in the old Korean times. One day, and that day was in the month of February, Koreans wanted to try something different so since it was the love month, they tried it to be a in heart shape . And well what do you know, people loved it and from then on they decided that dish will always be cooked heart shape and full of love.


아이스크림
( Ice Cream )

It won't be complete without deserts!! As a compliment being the first customer, I was given FREE ICE CREAM. They offered Melona which is Korea's Famous Ice Cream. I guess its there Magnum up there. Melona and these other famous Korean Ice Creams are actually available in selected grocery stores. 




==================================================================

LUCKY ME
I was able to meet the Excutive Chef of Bulgogi Brothers which is 
Chef Chang Kyu Kim


Introduced by the Marketing Manger of Bistro Group of Companies Concepts which is 
Ms. Roda Grace Patricio-Adriano

Ms. Roda was very accommodating and friendly. She introduced herself, we had a little chat together and exchanged calling cards. As for Chef Chang Kyu Kim he was very nice and camera shy, he was the one admitted it :)

Chef Chang Kyu Kim and Ms. Roda Grace Patricio-Adriano

Bulgogi Brothers is that one of a kind dinning experience wherein you won't feel you are in the Philippines. 
Korean Food + Korean People + Korean Ambiance = Little Korea in the heart of Manila





Without a doubt, Bulgogi Brothers is the best Korean Barbecue Restaurant in the Philippines. 
Need for a plane to Korea, cause its just a drive a way in Mall of Asia.


Bulgogi Brothers
Mall of Asia Pasay City
10am - 10pm 
Mondays - Sundays